Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolution #1: Get a job

There's two separate strategies for this: get another office job, or try getting paid film gigs. I've been blaming the bad economy and tough competition for not ever hearing back for the office jobs I've applied for last year. I just keep applying via Craigslist or through corporate websites like Whole Foods, Nike, and Standard Insurance. I'm still only applying to companies I would actually want to work for, so no dentist offices, lawyers, real estate, etc.

As for getting paid film work, its more about who you know. Right now I'm helping a friend submit some short teen-created films to festivals to get experience. Also I'm involved in a feature that is trying to get a mid-level budget from Hollywood producers, and if it does, I'm not sure what role I could have in it. Hopefully some sort of producer's assistant. I'm also not sure if I would need to join the union or not. But I'm not going to worry about that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment